MEXICAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- 3 large 4Earth Farms™ Bell Peppers
- 1 pound lean, ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce or 12oz jar of your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cut the tops off your 4EARTH FARMS Bell Peppers, remove the stems and chop up the lids. Set aside.
- Saute the onions first with the coconut oil, then add the turkey in a skillet and cook until just browned. Add the spices, chopped pepper tops and corn and continue cooking until the meat is finished. Don’t overcook it as it still needs to bake in the oven.
- Stuff the peppers tightly with the meat filling.
- In a small casserole dish, pour the tomato sauce into the bottom of the dish, then place the peppers upright. The casserole dish should be small enough to fit the peppers tightly so they stand upright for baking.
- Sprinkle cheese onto each pepper, then place baking dish in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. These taste best if the peppers are not overcooked.
- Cut the pepper in half, sprinkle with fresh, chopped cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Thegraciouspantry.com
VEGETABLE STIR FRY
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 4Earth Farms™ organic yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 4Earth Farms™ organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 4Earth Farms™ organic green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup 4Earth Farms™ organic sugar snap peas
- 1 cup 4Earth Farms™ organic snow peas
- 1 cup 4Earth Farms™ organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup 4Earth Farms™ organic broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- sesame seeds as garnish, optional
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 c honey
- 4 4Earth Farms™ organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sesame or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- In a wok or large skillet, add extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers, sugar snap peas, snow peas, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, carrots, and mushrooms. Sauté until veggies are almost tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame or grapeseed oil, chicken broth, and cornstarch. Pour over veggies and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.