Butternut Squash & Potato Soup
- 1 medium 4Earth Farms butternut squash
- 2 large 4Earth Farms yellow potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium 4Earth Farms yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable stock, enough to cover vegetables
- Salt & Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mild chedder cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced chives
- Candied Walnuts
- Heat and melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Peel squash and take out the seeds and the membrane, chop it into small cubes.
- Add chopped onion to the pot and saute until transparent.
- Add potatoes, minced garlic, and butternut squash.
- Add paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add just enough stock to cover the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are fully cooked and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf and discard.
- Slowly transfer content of the pot into a food processor, blend well and return to the pot.
- Add the heavy cream and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, chives, walnuts and croutons