MEDITERRANEAN STYLE GREEN BEANS
- 1 12oz bag 4Earth Farms™ Green Beans
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped oregano
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare green beans by washing, trimming ends, and cutting to desired size.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a rapid boil. Add green beans to pot, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Drain beans and place in serving dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add garlic to oil in skillet, let cook for 30 seconds, then remove pan from heat. Stir in olives, vinegar, tomatoes and oregano.
- Toss mixture in with green beans until coated evenly. Sprinkle feta cheese over top of beans. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
CHICKEN AND ORGANIC GREEN & FRENCH BEANS STIR FRY WITH GINGER
- 1lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, sliced bite-size
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 – 2” piece of 4Earth Farms™ Organic Ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. 4Earth Farms™ Organic Green Beans, cut into 1 1/2” lengths
- 8 oz. 4Earth Farms™ Organic French Beans, cut into 1 1/2” lengths
- Steamed White Rice, chopped toasted cashews, seasame seeds and thinly sliced fresh chiles
- Toss chicken, cornstarch, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in bowl. In a separate bowl stir vinegar, wine and remaining soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over high heat. When hot, add scallions and ginger and cook until scallions are browned and softened, about 2 minutes. Add Green and French beans and a pinch salt and cook until beans are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to another bowl
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over high heat. When hot, add chicken mixture. Cook until chicken is browned and caramelized, about 1 minute. Toss and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes longer.
- Pour in wine mixture and bean mixture and cook, tossing briskly until sauce is thickened and all the ingredients are coated, about 30 seconds. Serve alongside rice and top with your favorite toppings.
SOUTHERN STYLE GREEN BEANS
- 2 pounds 4Earth Farms™ Green Beans, trimmed and snapped
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon butter, optional
- Brown and crisp bacon in a large pot. Remove bacon from pot and reserve.
- Add green beans to pot along with all remaining ingredients, except butter.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beans and add butter if using. Check beans for seasoning and add extra salt and pepper to taste. I like lots of black pepper. Sprinkle with bacon and toss to distribute the bacon and butter.
Green Bean Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 12 oz bag 4Earth Farms™ Organic Green Beans
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
- Boil a large pot of water. Add 1 tabelspoon salt to the green beans and cook until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and run under water to cool.
- Rub the beans vigorously between your hands to break them in half lengthwise. Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle over the green beans.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve.
KID-FRIENDLY GREEN BEAN VINAIGRETTE
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12oz 4Earth Farms™ Green Beans, steamed
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cut grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl until emulsified.
- Add green beans and bacon and mix until well-coated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Foodnetwork.com
PERFECT SIDE DISH GREEN BEANS
- 1 pound 4Earth Farms™ Green Beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and trim 1 pound of fresh 4Earth Farms green beans. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Season them with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill the beans over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl, and drizzle on more olive oil, and season with additional salt and pepper, if you’d like. Toss the beans once more, serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Foodnetwork.com