SOY GINGER SHISHITO PEPPERS
2 tsp sesame oil divided
1 lb Shishito Peppers
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
Optional Topping: 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil to a large skillet or wok on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the shishito peppers and sauté for 10 minutes.
Whisk the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and ginger together in a small bowl to form the sauce.
After the shishitos have sautéed for 10 minutes, pour the sauce over the shishito peppers.
Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for 7-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and blistering on the outside.
Recipe courtesy of WhitneyBond.com
ORGANIC SHISHITO & GRILLED WATERMELON SALAD
- 1 medium watermelon, peeled and cut into approx. 2” x 2” x 2 “ pieces
- 8 oz of 4Earth Farms Organic Shishito Peppers
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon oil
Dry rub for watermelon:
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- Zest and Juice of 1 4Earth Organic Lemon, 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until it forms a smooth sauce.
2. Combine all the dry rub ingredients in small bowl and mix
3. Preheat oven to 400º F. Toss shishito peppers in a bowl with oil and kosher salt until well coated.
4. On a cookie sheet, spread coated shishitos evenly. Place in oven, roast and toss occasionally until soft and slightly charred. (about 15 minutes)
5. Preheat grill plate or BBQ. Sprinkle dryrub on both sides of the watermelon and place on the hot grill. Grill about 3 minutes on each side until lightly charred.
6. Plate watermelon and shishitos, drizzle with dressing and garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
Inspired by playfulcooking.com