Sugar Snap Peas
CHILLED SUGAR SNAP PEA SOUP
- 1 pound 4Earth Farms™ Sugar Snap Peas, ends and string removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon creme fraiche
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil into a large pot, set over medium heat. Add leeks to hot oil, season with a pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring often, until leeks are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour chicken broth into pot with leeks; bring to a boil. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir peas into boiling broth mixture and add two mint leaves. Bring back to a boil and cook until peas are bright green and have started to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer vegetables into a large blender, leaving liquid in pot. Pour half the liquid from the pot into the blender, place a folded towel on the blender lid, and pulse a few times to chop vegetables. Blend at high speed to puree vegetables. Add remaining liquid from pot to blender and liquify the soup until smooth.
- Pour soup from blender into a fine mesh strainger set over a bowl and use a spatula to push soup through the strainer, leaving the tough fibrous material behind.
- Cool soup to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
- Season cold soup with salt and cayenne pepper. Ladle soup into a serving bowl. Spoon creme fraiche over the top of the soup in a loose spiral. Use a skewer to adjust spiral shape if desired. Cut remaining two mint leaves into strips for garnish and serve.
SHRIMP & SUGAR SNAP PEAS WITH LINGUINI
- 1 pound 4Earth Farms™ Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked linguini pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a oil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Heat the olive oil and chili oil in a wok okver medium-high heat. Mix in the shrimp, pea pods, and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes, until shrimp are almost opaque. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Pour the wine into the wok, and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by 1/3. Return shrimp, peas, and garlic to the wok, and stir in the reserved pasta water. Continue to cook and stir until shrimp are opaque. Remove wok from heat, and mix in the butter, lemon juice, and basil. Toss with the cooked pasta to serve.
Lemony Sugar Snap Peas
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound 4Earth Farms™ Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in a large Dutch oven. Add peas, cook 30 seconds or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Slice half of peas diagonally.
- Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peas; toss to coat.
Chicken Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 8oz bag 4Earth Farms™ Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast strips
- 3 cups cut-up vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, carrots,pepper strips, green onions and sliced cocktail tomatoes for color)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oiled wok or skillet.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until browned. Remove chicken.
- Add sugar snap peas, vegetables, ginger and garlic and stir-fry until tender-crisp. Add broth mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of Foodnetwork.com