STUFFED ZUCCHINI WITH TOMATO SALSA
- 6 4Earth Farms™ Zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the tomato salsa in a small bowl combine tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of basil, oil, 1 tablespoon of parsley, orange peel, lemon peel, 1/2 of the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cut the stem ends off of zucchini and slice a thin layer off the tops, lengthwise. If necessary, trim the bottoms so that the zucchini stand level; reserve trimmings. Scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells. Chop the reserved trimmings and flesh coarsely.
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the shells for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute chopped zucchini for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining parsley, basil and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in bread crumbs and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour chicken stock over zucchini.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Serve with the tomato salsa.
- 2 cups shredded 4Earth Farms™ Zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and oil. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Blend this mixture into the flour mixture, alternately with the sour cream; stir just to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini and nuts; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
CHEESY ZUCCHINI BAKE
- 2 medium 4Earth Farms™ Zucchini, cut in slicesor half-moon slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut in slices or half-moon slices
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 garlic powder
- 1 cup white cheese (can do 2 cheeses, 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup. Examples are Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, or your choice)
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. Wash the squash and cut in slices or half-moon slices. Wash basil, spin dry or dry with paper towels and finely chop. Slice green onions.
- Combine squash, chopped basil, sliced green onions, dried thyme, garlic powder, and both kinds of cheese and stir together until the veggies are coated with cheese and herbs are well-distributed. Season with salt and pepper. Put mixture in baking dish and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- When the zucchini is nearly cooked through, take the casserole dish out of the oven and sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Put the dish back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and nicely browned and zucchini is fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!